The REC Code of Professional Practice was created to ensure that all members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation conduct their businesses ethically and to the highest standards.
As members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation we pledge to:
- Comply with all relevant legislation, statutory and non-statutory requirements and official guidance;
- Ensure that all of our staff are informed and trained to carry out their duties effectively and in the best interests of employers and jobseekers;
- Promote equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace;
- Deal with all parties openly, honestly and courteously at all times;
- Show respect for safety, and not knowingly put candidates, clients or others at risk;
- Develop and maintain a high level of professional knowledge;
- Abide by all relevant legislation and Home Office guidelines, providing all relevant information to work seekers, clients and others.
With particular reference to employers we pledge to:
- Ensure you receive clear and accurate information about our services from the outset, including written terms of business;
- Agree in advance the procedure to be adopted when submitting a jobseekers details;
- Treat all company information as confidential, and not to be disclosed to anyone beyond those involved in the recruitment process.
With particular reference to jobseekers we pledge to:
Should you have any reason to believe that we are not upholding the pledges made in this charter, or failing to abide by the REC Members Code of Professional Practice, then please let us know. We will be happy to inform you of our internal complaints procedure. Should you fail to be satisfied by this course of action, please email the REC Standards Team on firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the details of your complaint.
- Ensure you are informed of all relevant information regarding your terms of engagement or employment prior to you starting an assignment or a permanent role;
- Respect your right to confidentiality and always ask your permission before forwarding your CV or job application to a potential employer;
- Observe the highest principles of social responsibility, integrity, professionalism, equity and fair practice when dealing with overseas work seekers.
Delivering what we promise - a quality recruitment service