Questions you may be asked at interview
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What makes you think you are the right person for this job?
- Why have you had so many jobs?
- Why have you only had one job?
- How do you get on with people?
- What makes a good team member?
- How do you cope with pressure?
- How do you deal with conflict?
- Tell me about the biggest change that you have had to deal with and how did you cope with it?
- What are your strengths/ weaknesses?
- What style of management gets the best results from you, give me an example?
- What motivates you?
- Tell me about a project you generated on your own?
- What would you like to be doing in 5 years time?
- What salary are you looking for?
- Do you have any questions?
A selection of questions you may wish to ask at the end of an interview
(Only ask those appropriate to the role and which havent already been fully covered in the interview)
- What is the next stage of the interview process and what are the timescales?
- What kind of ongoing training and development do you offer?
- Does the company carry out performance reviews and if so, how often?
- Can you tell me about the people in the team I will be working with?
- What are the opportunities to progress within the company?
- What opportunities would there be to get involved with special projects?